Dolly's Street Food Trolley Challenge
Calling all aspiring chefs from the age of 12 to 112
If you have a passion for food, Dolly’s Street Food Trolley Challenge could place you centre stage, serving up your own special menu at an exclusive foodie event in London. It could be the start of a whole new career!
Not only that! If you win, you’ll get the opportunity to travel to Sweden as a visitor to the European Street Food Awards final with £500 spending money.
Dolly has an exciting challenge for you
If you know Dolly, you’ll already know that she is the world’s smallest street food truck. But she is now on the look-out for some friends who are even smaller.
Yes… your challenge is to create a street-food operation, using a humble shopping trolley.
You’ll plan your own creative menu of street-food delights, which should all be cooked and served from your trolley. And you’ll have a lot of fun along the way as you build your trolley to do it!
STEP 1: Register your interest
Registration opens on 17th July 2019.
To register, simply fill in the form below. You will receive an email with all the details of how to take part. This will include some guidelines and a plan of the trolley, so you can be sure of getting all your sizes right.
You will have until 6th August 2019 to send us your designs. Eight contestants will then be chosen to move on to Round Two and receive a shopping trolley to create their street-food operation.
Please read the Terms and Conditions below.
YES! Send me the details, I want to join in
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 12 years or over.
- Participation by anyone under the age of 18 must be agreed by a parent or guardian.
- The competition is not open to employees of DollyDoes or their close relatives, or anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or the judging of the competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- To enter the competition you must complete and submit the form above. No purchase is necessary. If you have any questions about how to enter or otherwise in connection with the competition, firstname.lastname@example.org with “Street Food Trolley Challenge” in the subject line.
- Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. You are responsible for the cost (if any) of sending your competition entry to us.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
- Entry to the competition opens on 17th July 2019 and you will have until 6th August 2019 to enter your designs. After this date no further entries will be accepted.
- There are three rounds to the competition. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
Round One – register you name and email on the website at www.dollydoes.com/trolleychallenge. You will be sent an email with guidelines and a trolley plan. Using this plan as your guide, draw up a design of your street-food trolley. Write a supporting text of no more than a page of A4 to describe what your plans show, how your trolley will operate and what type of food you envisage serving from it. Email your plan and supporting materials to email@example.com with the subject “SFTC – Round 1 Entry” by 6th August 2019.
On 10th August 2019, our panel of judges will select a maximum of eight entrants who will receive a trolley to build their design. Successful entrants will be notified by email.
Round Two – successful participants will receive a trolley to their home by 12th August (or as soon as possible) at no cost to the participants. Contestants are encouraged to film video footage showing their progress as they build their trolley. Contestants are asked to supply to the judges: a set of photographs clearly showing their street food trolley from every angle, a supporting text of up to two sides of A4 to include a description of the street-food trolley and the food cooked and served from it, plus a sample menu and any video footage recorded. The above should be send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “SFTC – Round 2 Entry” by 30th August 2019.
On 1 September 2019 our judging panel will select five finalists who will be notified by email.
Final Round – the finals will take place at a venue in London in September, 2019. Contestants will run their trolley as a working street food operation to an audience. Contestants will be responsible for their own travel costs.
The overall winner will be decided by a jury and announced at the event.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of any event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- There is one prize in total, which is as follows:
£500 in cash and a trip to Sweden for the winner and a guest to attend the European Street Food Awards to see Europe’s best in action. The trip includes return airfares and transfers, shipping of their trolley, two night's accommodation and a meal allowance. Any costs incurred above the agreed expenses will be the responsibility of the winner. The winner will be able to showcase their trolley to the 13 European Finalists at The European Street Food Awards.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Competitors are responsible for their own health, safety and personal possessions at all times during the activities of the competition. DollyDoes can accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering this competition.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com
- DollyDoes shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- DollyDoes also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- The promoter is: DollyDoes whose registered office is at 21 High Street, Overton, Hampshire RG25 3HB.